cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: [FLOW] sendPageAndWait continuation storage
Date Sat, 04 Mar 2006 15:07:49 GMT
Hello,

First of all you problem shouldn't be solved the way you're trying it to.

Bruyn Bill wrote:
> When a continuation is created by sendPageAndWait, where is it stored?
> Can I access it with flowscript or in the sitemap?
>
> I have a scenario similar to the 'flowscript continuation from external
> reply' problem discussed recently.  What I'm trying to do is iterate
> over a list, and for each item in it, call out to some remote process
> that will render a 'PDF Form' with my continuation-id in its submit
> button.  So something like the following:
>
> //for each element in the list
> for (var i=0; i<subjects.size(); i++) {
>
>   //get some more input, if you want
>   var subject = subjects.get(i);
>   bindFormInput("subject", subject, {subject:subject});
>
>   //format xml input via jx generator
>   var dom = pipeline.processToDOM("4pointsresult.xml", {doc:doc,
> subject:subject});
>
>   //let some other pipeline do stuff and a sendPage (actually another
> top-level flowscript function)
>   cocoon.sendPageAndWait("forms-server.flow", {dom: dom});

The solution is shockingly simple. Instead of
cocoon.sendPageAndWait("forms-server.flow", {dom: dom})
do

theFunctionBehindFormsServerFlow( dom );

which in turn will call sendPageAndWait.

so you have:

function entryPoint() {
	while( someCondition ) {
		var input = getMeSomeMoreInput();