cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "J.D. Williams" <jdwilli...@austin.rr.com>
Subject Migrating Cocoon site for static presentation
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 17:35:05 GMT
I have a Cocoon webapp that is nothing more than a way of presenting
XML-based documentation based on an arbitrary DTD. I use Cocoon instead
of another way of building the HTML output because it works better than
any other method I have tried.

The important thing is the DTD. It is required as a way of organizing
the content, which is quite complex and which my client requires. This
means we have developed XSL specifically for this content.

All is good so far.

However, a need has arisen to generate static Web sites for this content
for delivery via a Web server; i.e., not Tomcat or other servlet container.

Forrest looks like a good bet, and I have gotten the Forrest
documentation and demo site to work. Diving into the documentation to
determine how to migrate this particular project has proven a bit
confusing. I think the section "Customizing Your Content" was written
for a somewhat different scenario than the one I have in mind.

I have also read that the Cocoon CLI is another option, but have not
really "grokked" that one as yet.

So, if anyone on the list has done something similar and has any tips on
the best way to proceed, I would appreciate it. The directory structure
of the existing webapp is way simple, as follows:

|-- myproject