cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kamal Bhatt <kbh...@tt.com.au>
Subject Trouble with repeater
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 06:52:34 GMT

Hi
I am trying to make a search screen.

The idea is that the user can search based on two database fields or
simply search all. I thought I would use cforms to do this. The fields
to search by would be a union and when the user submits it will pass the
data along to an xsp and xslt (via the sitemap). However, there are a
number of problems with this, the first being I cannot even get the
template to work. I get null pointer exceptions. The problem seems to be
when I show the form.

Here is my definition:

<fd:form xmlns:fd="http://apache.org/cocoon/forms/1.0#definition"
xmlns:i18n="http://apache.org/cocoon/i18n/2.1" id="promotion_select">
    <fd:widgets>

    <fd:field id="filter" required="false" nullable="false">
        <fd:label>Filter</fd:label>
        <fd:datatype base="string"/>
        <fd:selection-list>
            <fd:item value="None"/>
        <fd:item value="Id"/>
        <fd:item value="Title"/>
        </fd:selection-list>
    </fd:field>

       <fd:union id="data" case="filter">
        <fd:widgets>
            <fd:field id="None" state="output">
          <fd:initial-value>Hello</fd:initial-value>
          <fd:datatype base="string"/>
        </fd:field>

        <fd:field id="Id">
          <fd:datatype base="integer"/>
        </fd:field>

        <fd:field id="Title">
           <fd:datatype base="string"/>
            </fd:field>
         </fd:widgets>
    </fd:union>

    <!-- ACTIONS -->

    <!-- Submit -->
    <fd:submit id="submit" command="submit">
      <fd:label>Show</fd:label>
    </fd:submit>
    </fd:widgets>
</fd:form>

Here is my template:

    <jx:import xmlns:jx="http://apache.org/cocoon/templates/jx/1.0"

uri="resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/generation/jx-macros.xml"/>
    <ft:form-template
      xmlns:ft="http://apache.org/cocoon/forms/1.0#template"
      xmlns:fi="http://apache.org/cocoon/forms/1.0#instance"
      xmlns:jx="http://apache.org/cocoon/templates/jx/1.0"
      method="POST"
      action="#{$continuation/id}.continue?lenya.usecase=promotion"
      id="promotionSelect" name="promotionSelect">
          <ft:continuation-id/>
    <ft:widget id="filter"><fi:styling list-type="dropdown"
submit-on-change="true"/></ft:widget>

    <ft:union id="data">
      <ft:case id="None">
        <ft:widget id="None"/>
      </ft:case>

      <ft:case id="Id">
        <ft:widget id="Id"/>
      </ft:case>

      <ft:case id="Title">
        <ft:widget id="Title"/>
      </ft:case>
    </ft:union>

    <ft:widget id="submit"><fi:styling type="link"/></ft:widget>
    </ft:form-template>

Here is my javascript:

function select_promotion()
{
    var form = new Form("cforms/promotion_select.xml");
    form.showForm("call-promotion-select.jx");
    return;
}

I want the fields and the data (generated by an XSLT) to be shown on the
same screen. I was wondering if it were possible to call the template
again after we call the xsp/xslt so we can see the fields again. I don't
know if this will work and the more I think about the more unlikely it
looks. Is there a nice way of doing this without bindings to the database?

Thanks.

--
Kamal Bhatt

--
Disclaimer: This email is confidential and may contain privileged information for the sole
use of the person or business to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,