cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Aron Shamash" <Aron.Sham...@dna.co.uk>
Subject RE: Need an alternative to cocoon.redirectTo()
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 12:18:12 GMT
Hi Giacomo

Thanks for your suggestion. We tried:

ErrorDocument 302 /error/error_302.html

& made the error_302.html bigger than 512 bytes but now when a 302 is
sent it displays this error_302.html error page - which is not want we
want.

The link you sent (
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#errordocument
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#errordocument>  ) has
the problem we are experiencing :

Microsoft Internet Explorer (MSIE) will by default ignore
server-generated error messages when they are "too small" and substitute
its own "friendly" error messages. The size threshold varies depending
on the type of error, but in general, if you make your error document
greater than 512 bytes, then MSIE will show the server-generated error
rather than masking it. More information is available in Microsoft
Knowledge Base article Q294807.

Problem seems to be that by added a 302 error page it just displays this
page.

We are not using mod_proxy BTW not sure if this is a problem.

Any other ideas? Maybe am missing something..

Anyway what about the idea of changing all cocoon redirects to something
else? Could it be a solution?

Any ideas much appreciated

thanks

Aron