cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ken Starks <...@lampsacos.demon.co.uk>
Subject How can I redirect a Cocoon uri to my regular cgi-bin ? NB with request parameters, please.
Date Sun, 19 Mar 2006 20:12:33 GMT
I have a simple (Sorry, its Hello, World) script, writen in python.
It works fine for example using:
 http://localhost/cgi-bin/hello.py?name="fred"&n=4

Now I have wish to have it as part of a Cocoon project called 'Graphics' and
I eventually got it to partly work with the following entry in
  $Catalina_Home/webapp/Graphics/sitemap.xmap

        <map:match pattern="Hello">
          <map:read src="http://localhost/cgi-bin/Barehello.py"  />
        </map:match>

Script 'Barehello.py is the same as hello.py except it misses out the
<?xml ... ?> line

The result, in my browser, of typing

    http://localhost:8888/Graphics/Hello?name=Fred&n=12

   is a web page, but it completely ignores the request parameters 'name' and
'n'. It uses the defaults, which are name=World&n=10

What should I do?