cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Pasha Minallah <pa...@computer.org>
Subject Running Ant from Cocoon Action
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 03:13:10 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to run Ant 1.6.2 from a Cocoon 2.1.7 Action.  I've added ant.jar
and ant-launcher.jar to WEB-INF/lib.

Using org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher in a standalone test case outside
of cocoon works fine.  It gives me a ClassCastException when I try to use the
same code inside a cocoon action.  Nothing I have tried gets rid of this
exception.  Adding the ant jar files to the CLASSPATH environmental variable
doesn't help.  Defining the extra-classpath parameter in web.xml doesn't
help.

Using org.apache.tools.ant.Main instead in a standalone test case outside of
cocoon works also.  It actually works from the cocoon action BUT it kills
cocoon.

Any hints?

I could try to use org.apache.tools.ant.Main in a separate thread but that
doesn't make sense because we need the logic to be synchronous.

Thanks.

- Pasha