cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Question about pipelineUtil and viewdata
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:01:56 GMT
On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 20:44 +0000, Duncan McLean wrote:
> Hi
>
> Scenario: I want to construct a viewdata object that I can pass to a
> pipeline then have that data passed to the page (an xsp) in the called
> pipeline
>
> So I would have:
>
> cocoon.createObject(Packages.org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.util.PipelineUtil);
>      var result = pipelineUtil.processToDOM(myuri, viewData);

Instead of PipelineUtil, you can use the processPipelineTo function of
the FOM. See also the docs over here:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/flow/api.html

> somewhere in flow, then I would want this viewdata to be passed to an xsp
> in the matched pipeline, to allow the xsp to function correctly.
>
> Can someone give me an example of how this can be done - presumably I
> could then read the viewdata object within the xsp?

I have no experience using it, but this should do the job:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/flow/jpath.html

BTW, in most cases, JXTemplate is the preferred template language for
Cocoon, unless of course you need some functionality that only exists in
XSP.