cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Organizing own project in cocoon?
Date Sat, 04 Mar 2006 16:59:50 GMT
On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 12:21 +0100, Fernando.Matomira@thomson.com wrote:
> I read that what’s recommended is to create a block for one’s project.
>
> But as I see it, one needs no modify ant files, web.xml etc., so
> upgrading
>
> to a new version of cocoon becomes a mess.
>
> Is there any clean way of using cocoon?

I wouldn't use it as a block, since as you indicated this requires
modifying the original Cocoon source tree.

I'm a bit suprised I didn't see a reference yet to this:

http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cocooninaction/14.html

which is a solution that allows to easily build cocoon (with your own
build options), adjust configuration with xpatch, builds your java code,
copies resources, etc. This is an updated version of the
"YourCocoonBasedProject" thing on the Cocoon Wiki.

This is pretty similar to what Simone suggested, but the Ant script you
can download there is immediately useable, in a couple of minutes you're
up and running.

This solution also allows to easily 'switch' cocoon versions, e.g. to
try it out with a new cocoon version.