cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Christofer Dutz" <d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: Memoryleaks in Cocoon 2.1.7?
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 23:47:38 GMT
Well it seems that I was able to get rid of the nasty memory leaks.

The problem is, that they weren't real memory leaks after all. I noticed
that if I pressed the "GC" button in the JConsole tool, that all unnecessary
Memory was freed. As far as could find out, this is a problem with the
default garbage collection method used to free memory. This uses a fast but
inaccurate way to free unused memory blocks. I could have started testing
out different GC settings, but I simply witched to a JRockit VM and all my
memory problems were solved. After doing some performance evaluations at my
university I knew that JRockit seems to handle its memory a lot more
efficient than the Sun VM (both with default GC setting), so I didn't bother
testing the settings of the Sun VM. Maybe someone on this list has some
hints to getting the Sun VM to clean up its memory better.

Hope this helps anyone.

Chris

  _____