cocoon-users mailing list archives

From manfred.wei...@rzb.at
Subject Antwort: Re: Tomcat5.5 and trailing slash on URL
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 14:40:21 GMT

Hi Gunter,

we had the same problem with websphere. It was a bug in the 6.0.2.3 version
from IBM.

Have a look at the servlet mappings configured in your deployment
descriptor (web.xml in WEB-INF)
There is a section with generell mappings, maybe that helps.

mit freundlichen Grüßen / kind regards
Manfred Weigel
________________________________
Raiffeisen Zentralbank Österreich AG
ORG/IT - Software Development
A-1030 Vienna, Am Stadtpark 9

|--------------------------------->
|            gunter.dhondt@sofico.|
|            be@inet              |
|                                 |
|                                 |
|            03.02.2006 10:27     |
|                                 |
|                                 |
|             Bitte antworten an  |
|            users@cocoon.apache.o|
|                   rg@inet       |
|                                 |
|--------------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |         users@cocoon.apache.org

                                         Kopie|

                                         Thema|
  |         Re: Tomcat5.5 and trailing slash on URL
                                              |

  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I've just checked the tomcat examples and they all work fine and no
trailing slash is added to the URL so it must have to do something with
the cocoon webapp....

anybody any idea pls?
Gunter

Thomas Soddemann <Thomas.Soddemann@rzg.mpg.de>
03/02/2006 10:24
Please respond to
users@cocoon.apache.org

users@cocoon.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Tomcat5.5 and trailing slash on URL

Gunter,

usually our sitemaps contain patterns like
pattern="whatever" or pattern="*whatever"

as well as

pattern="path/*"

and the like.

We do not have explicitly
pattern="path/"

We are using cocoon 2.1.7 with tomcat 5.5.9 and 2.1.8 with 5.5.15.

Thomas

Gunter D'Hondt wrote:

>Thomas,
>
>Tested it with FF & IE; both the same problem and when testing it with
>Tomcat4 the browsers are not giving any errors so that's why I'm assuming

>it must be Tomcat.
>
>Do you have any pipeline matchers that don't end with a slash? if
>everything ends with / or * it will indeed work; but for me changing all
>this is will means that I need to recheck all my URLs of my webapp (a lot

>of work)
>
>Tomcat5.5.15, Cocoon2.1.4 (I know an old version)
>
>Gunter

 Dr. Thomas Soddemann     |  Boltzmannstrasse 2
 Projects Engineer        |  85748 Garching
 Rechenzentrum der MPG    |  Germany
 am MPI fuer Plasmaphysik |