cocoon-users mailing list archives

From ian.d.stew...@jpmchase.com
Subject Re: xhtml table -> mysqlimport
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 22:10:59 GMT
Another option would be to use the Cocoon command-line interface.  I
haven't used it myself, but in theory it should be doable.

Ian

It's better to be hated for who you are
than loved for who you are not

Ian D. Stewart
Phone: (614) 244-2564
Pager: (888) 260-0078

                      "Andrew Stevens"

                      <ats37@hotmail.co        To:       users@cocoon.apache.org

                      m>                       cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: xhtml table -> mysqlimport

                      02/08/2006 05:06

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      users

>From: Antonio Gallardo <agallardo@agssa.net>
>To: users@cocoon.apache.org
>Subject: Re: xhtml table -> mysqlimport
>Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 13:48:11 -0600
>
>Derek Hohls wrote:
>
>>Thufir
>>
>>I would not say that Saxon has any "learning curve"; your
>>learning is in the use of XSLT and working with XHTML.
>>Saxon just does the "grunt" work of running the transform
>>for you... you do not need to learn how it does this.
>>

>BTW, What makes saxon more suitable to this task than xalan?

Probably nothing.  I only mentioned Saxon earlier because I'd already used
it this way in the past; I didn't know Xalan even had a command line
interface until I went looking just now.[1]  Much the same reason I
mentioned XMLSpy ahead of Netbeans for running it in an IDE.

Andrew.

[1] http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/commandline.html