cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Gunter D'Hondt <gunter.dho...@sofico.be>
Subject Re: Tomcat5.5 and trailing slash on URL
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 09:07:50 GMT
Thomas,

Tested it with FF & IE; both the same problem and when testing it with
Tomcat4 the browsers are not giving any errors so that's why I'm assuming
it must be Tomcat.

Do you have any pipeline matchers that don't end with a slash? if
everything ends with / or * it will indeed work; but for me changing all
this is will means that I need to recheck all my URLs of my webapp (a lot
of work)

Tomcat5.5.15, Cocoon2.1.4 (I know an old version)

Gunter

Thomas Soddemann <Thomas.Soddemann@rzg.mpg.de>
03/02/2006 09:59
Please respond to
users@cocoon.apache.org

users@cocoon.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Tomcat5.5 and trailing slash on URL

Hi Gunter,

we have cocoon based application deployed in tomcat 5.5.9 and 5.5.15 and
we do not observe that behavior. Are you sure it is tomcat and not your
web browser?

Cheers,
Thomas

Gunter D'Hondt wrote:

>All,
>
>My Cocoon webapp works fine under Tomcat 4.x but now I'd like to deploy
in
>under Tomcat5.5; it all works fine except that apparently Tomcat always
>adds an extra slash to the URL at the back; so if I type
>
>http://localhost:8080/cocoon/welcomepage
>
>it will enter the Cocoon sitemap with
>
>http://localhost:8080/cocoon/welcomepage/
>
>and ofcoz my pipeline matcher is "welcomepage"; has anybody else had this

>problem? I know I can fix it by changing the matcher to "welcomepage/"
but
>then I'd have to change all my pipelines while I'd just want to use the
>URL that the user types in (maybe a configuration setting in Tomcat or
>something like that?)
>
>Any help is welcome,
>
>Gunter D'Hondt

 Dr. Thomas Soddemann     |  Boltzmannstrasse 2
 Projects Engineer        |  85748 Garching
 Rechenzentrum der MPG    |  Germany
 am MPI fuer Plasmaphysik |