cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Simon Stanlake" <sim...@tradebytes.com>
Subject RE: using resource:// protocol
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 21:43:05 GMT
That worked - thanks for your quick reply!

I had thought earlier that they would be pulled out of a jar file, and
was confused since the sample I was using (form.css) was in fact in a
jar file under the lib directory. The path however was
org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/css/form.css, which obviously did not
match up with the path that my matcher would generate.

Thanks everyone for your help

Regards - simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Simone Gianni [mailto:s.gianni@thebug.it]
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2006 1:26 PM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: using resource:// protocol

Hi Simon
the resource protocol gives access to the java resource system, that is
files which reside inside the classpath, so or packed in a jar or in a
"classes" directory.

In a web application context, this mean tou can put your files inside
the WEB-INF/classes/ directory, so for example :

tomcat
  webapps
    cocoon
      WEB-INF
        classes
          myresources
             mystyle.css

can then be access with resource://myresources/mystyle.css

OR, you can put them inside a jar, with all their folders, for example :

# jar -tf resjar.jar
/myresources/mystyle.css

The you put the jar in WEB-INF/lib/ and you can access them same as
above.

Mind that when accessing resources in a jar (and maybe also in the
classes directory), you will have probably to restart the server, or
reload the context or something similar to have them loaded correctly if
you modify them, but this depends on your container. With the default
jetty that comes with cocoon you have to reload it when you modify a
jar.

Regards,
Simone

--