cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Stevens" <at...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: xhtml table -> mysqlimport
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 01:33:46 GMT
>From: THUFIR HAWAT <hawat.thufir@gmail.com>
>Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 19:16:41 -0500

> > >that data?
> >
> > That's another possibility.  Or, if you've got XMLSpy you could open the
>URL
> > in one window, write some XSL in another, and even run it without
>leaving
> > the program.  No doubt other XML/XSL editors could do the same; XMLSpy's
> > just the one I've been using most recently so I know it's possible in
>that.
> >

>XMLSpy would work, I think, but I'd like to do it myself, and can't
>afford the software at the moment.

Another possibility - I just checked the XML features in Netbeans and that
can run XSL Transformations.  Free download from
http://www.netbeans.org/downloads/index.html
No doubt there's an equivalent Eclipse plugin too.

>I don't need to serve the results up over the web, but I do need to
>use something like mysqlimport to get the results into a database.
>
>Saxon sounds like it might be the way to go.  I'd expect to do this
>about twice per day.  What'd be the starting point to do this with
>Saxon, please?
>
>That is, I need to write the transform document, and run it from the shell?

Yes, with something like
java -jar dir/saxon.jar [options] source-document stylesheet [params…]
See http://saxon.sourceforge.net/saxon6.5.2/using-xsl.html

Andrew.