cocoon-users mailing list archives

From David Bishop <d.bis...@waypointsystems.co.uk>
Subject Re: Scaling Cocoon to handle a heavy load
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 08:58:24 GMT
Hi,

Two weeks ago I asked for help regarding Cocoon performance.

I was pointed in the direction of the JVM as I was running 1.4.2, I
upgraded this to 1.5.0_05 which basically has better garbage
collection management and it proved to be a great improvement of
stability and performance. Even under duress my test server
gracefully slowed down, not crashed and burned like before!

This change has been made live and all is well site is performing
beautifully and much quicker.

Many Thanks, for the advice, greatly appreciated!!

David.