cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Stewart, Gary" <Gary.Stew...@luht.scot.nhs.uk>
Subject RE: CForms: Global JavaScript Variables?
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:16:20 GMT

Philippe Gassmann (philippe.gassmann@anyware-tech.com) wrote:
> Have you try to set your object as a form attribute (
> form.setAttribute("myDOM",doc); ) ?
>
> You can then get you object by form.getAttribute("myDOM");

Thanks for that. It works. Though for the achieve and additional notes you can't do that on
the on-create as the form's on-create is called after the widgets (which I didn't know until
now). So you could design a singleton class to get around that or, the solution I took, to
set the widgets values using event.source.lookupWidget("dob").setValue(domValueForNode) in
the Form on-create however I'm still using the suggested solution above for dynamic data loading.

Thanks again,

Gary

legally privileged and is intended for the addressee only, If you
have received this message in error or there are any problems,
please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised use,
disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
strictly forbidden.