cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Stewart, Gary" <Gary.Stew...@luht.scot.nhs.uk>
Subject RE: CForms: HTMLArea Documentation
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:19:11 GMT

> Is this something that needs to be taken up on the dev list?

Not sure. If you think it would I can forward it up there (though I'd have to join the dev
list).

> I am sure that htmlArea was the best choice at the time
> that the CForms package was first put together, but some
> technology just does not last [unlike Cocoon, of course!]
> and continued reliance on (or seeming support for) a module
> that is no longer actively maintained is not to Cocoon's
> advantage...

I agree that using an unsupported and undeveloped unit for Cocoon wouldn't be in the best
interest of the users. Presumably as Xinha was based on htmlArea3 then the port would be pretty
simple.

Gary

legally privileged and is intended for the addressee only, If you
have received this message in error or there are any problems,
please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised use,
disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
strictly forbidden.