cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Stewart, Gary" <Gary.Stew...@luht.scot.nhs.uk>
Subject CForms: Global JavaScript Variables?
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:16:26 GMT
Hi there and sorry to bother with *yet another CForms question*,

I have a CForms form that loads an external XML document in the on-create function of the
form (though the data doesn't change and therefore could be loaded in the flowscript instead
if this would be easier). I parse it into a DOM tree and everything works ok. However I was
wondering if there was a way of sharing this to a few objects in the form? So I could use
a particular node in an output, say. Is there a way of making Javascript objects global in
the context of a form?

Also I noticed the Output document mentions using field and states to achieve the same effect.
Does anyone know if there any intention on deprecating the output element later (ie should
I just switch to using field instead)?

Thanks again,

Gary

legally privileged and is intended for the addressee only, If you
have received this message in error or there are any problems,
please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised use,
disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
strictly forbidden.