cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Stewart, Gary" <Gary.Stew...@luht.scot.nhs.uk>
Subject CForms Javascript Validation
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:01:04 GMT
Hello,

I'm using Cocoon 2.1.8 and attempting to develop a few CForms. I've been working on validating
the forms and for some widgets I'm attempting to use Javascript but it doesn't seem to be
working. I looked at the sample files and could only find Javascript validation for the whole
form. Is it possible to do something like:

<fd:field id="foo" >
	<fd:label>Foo:</fd:label>
	<fd:datatype base="string"/>
    	<fd:validation>
	   	<javascript>
		   return false;
        	<javascript>
        </fd:validation>
        <fd:on-value-changed>
	    <javascript>
	      this.validate();
	    </javascript>
        </fd:on-value-changed>
</fd:field>

obviously the validation would normally be more complex but I figured this is the easiest
to get to work.

Also does it matter if you use the namespace <fd:javascript /> or should javascript
always be in the xmlns="" namespace?

Thanks (and sorry to keep throwing so many CForms questions),

Gary

legally privileged and is intended for the addressee only, If you
have received this message in error or there are any problems,
please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised use,
disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
strictly forbidden.