cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kamal Bhatt <kbh...@tt.com.au>
Subject Re: Cforms - fd:initial-value
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 02:48:42 GMT

Thanks, that worked.

Simone Gianni wrote:

> Hi Kamal,
> the default value is parsed by the convertor. AFAIK the default
> convertor for the integer datatype is the formatting convertor, it
> obtains a number formatter in the normal java way, calling
> NumberFormat.getNumberInstance(locale). So if you get a null pointer
> exception maybe is because this method requiring a locale (javadocs
> does not specify, but it creates a DecimalFormaSymbols with the given
> locale, and that throws a null pointer exception). You should give the
> locale you use while typing the fd:initial-value, for example :
>
> <fd:initial-value locale="it">1.000</fd:initial-value>
>
> is a valid one thousand initial value, because in italy we separate
> thousands with a dot. Otherwise you can specify a plain convertor
> (since the plain convertor does not care about locales), but this will
> impact also on the format the field will have while displaying it or
> parsing it from the user.
>
> <fd:datatype base="integer">
> <fd:convertor type="plain"/>
> </fd:datatype>
>
> Simone
>
> Kamal Bhatt wrote:
>

>> Jason Johnston wrote:

>>> This sounds familiar, I think I ran into it before... I think the
>>> workaround was to specify a locale="" attribute.
>>>

>> Thanks for the reply, but that doesn't seem to be the answer. Do I
>> need a convertor for this to work?

Kamal Bhatt

Tourism Technology Pty Ltd

T:  +61 (02) 9956 7300
F:  +61 (02) 9956 7411

Level 10, 1 Pacific Highway, North Sydney, NSW 2060

http://www.tt.com.au

--
Disclaimer: This email is confidential and may contain privileged information for the sole
use of the person or business to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,