cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kamal Bhatt <kbh...@tt.com.au>
Subject cforms - validating integers
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2006 22:15:13 GMT

Hi
I have a cform with the following field:

    <fd:field id="min_duration" required="false">
        <fd:label>Min Duration</fd:label>
        <fd:datatype base="integer"/>
        <fd:validation>
          <fd:regexp pattern="[0-9]*"/>
          <fd:range min="1" max="99">
            <fd:failmessage>Max duration must an integer greater than 1
and less than 99</fd:failmessage>
          </fd:range>
         </fd:validation>
    </fd:field>

When I enter a non-integer character (eg 'a'), the cform fails on save.
All other validation works, but obviously, validation does not work
until the field is bound to the variable. My question is how to get the
field to validate without using javascript (at the form template level)
to do so (for the sake of consistency).

Cheers.

Kamal.

--
Kamal Bhatt

Tourism Technology Pty Ltd

T:  +61 (02) 9956 7300
F:  +61 (02) 9956 7411

Level 10, 1 Pacific Highway, North Sydney, NSW 2060

http://www.tt.com.au

--
Disclaimer: This email is confidential and may contain privileged information for the sole
use of the person or business to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,