cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Philippe Gassmann <philippe.gassm...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: CForms: Global JavaScript Variables?
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:42:19 GMT
Have you try to set your object as a form attribute (
form.setAttribute("myDOM",doc); ) ?

You can then get you object by form.getAttribute("myDOM");

Stewart, Gary a écrit :

>Hi there and sorry to bother with *yet another CForms question*,
>
>I have a CForms form that loads an external XML document in the on-create function of
the form (though the data doesn't change and therefore could be loaded in the flowscript instead
if this would be easier). I parse it into a DOM tree and everything works ok. However I was
wondering if there was a way of sharing this to a few objects in the form? So I could use
a particular node in an output, say. Is there a way of making Javascript objects global in
the context of a form?

>Also I noticed the Output document mentions using field and states to achieve the same
effect. Does anyone know if there any intention on deprecating the output element later (ie
should I just switch to using field instead)?

>Thanks again,
>
>Gary

>The information contained in this message may be confidential or
>legally privileged and is intended for the addressee only, If you
>have received this message in error or there are any problems,
>please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised use,
>disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
>strictly forbidden.

Philippe GASSMANN
Systèmes d'Information
ANYWARE TECHNOLOGIES