cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tony Edwards <tedwa...@civica.com.au>
Subject Re: is there a BrowserAction?
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 00:40:41 GMT
Hi Stephen,
You can use a selector and pass a parameter into the tranform:
        <!-- Main rendering matcher -->
        <map:resource name="html">
            <!--map:transform src="xsl/pifnamespaces.xsl"/>-->
            <map:select type="browser">
                <map:when test="explorer">
                    <map:transform src="xsl/site2xhtml.xsl">
                        <map:parameter name="browser" value="explorer" />
                        <map:parameter name="version_num"
value="{global:version_num}"/>
                    </map:transform>
                </map:when>

                <map:when test="netscape">
                    <map:transform src="xsl/site2xhtml.xsl">
                        <map:parameter name="browser" value="netscape" />
                        <map:parameter name="version_num"
value="{global:version_num}"/>
                    </map:transform>
                </map:when>

                <map:when test="opera">
                    <map:transform src="xsl/site2xhtml.xsl">

                        <map:parameter name="browser" value="netscape" />
                        <map:parameter name="version_num"
value="{global:version_num}"/>
                    </map:transform>
                </map:when>

                <map:otherwise>
                    <map:transform src="xsl/site2xhtmlPIE.xsl">
                        <map:parameter name="browser" value="Pocket
Explorer" />
                        <map:parameter name="version_num"
value="{global:version_num}"/>
                    </map:transform>
                </map:otherwise>
            </map:select>

In your xsl just 'declare' a browser parameter and use it to vary the
html etc, eg:

        <xsl:if test="$browser = 'explorer'">
            <script type="text/javascript" src="fixed.js"></script>
            <script type="text/javascript">
                <!--//-->

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Tony

Stephen Winnall wrote:
> I am looking for a way to get information about the user's browser in
> a transformation in a
> Cocoon pipeline. I may be looking for the wrong thing, or trying to go
> about it in the wrong
> way, so I'd be grateful for any advice.
>
> I want to handle browser differences in an XSLT file rather than in
> the sitemap. I realise that
> I could use BrowserSelector if I wanted the logic to be in the
> sitemap, but I think I have a
> cleaner  solution if I can put the logic into a transformation. An
> action  along the lines of
> LocaleAction would seem to me to fit the bill.
>
> I've spent some time googling for BrowserAction and variations of
> that, but I haven't found
> anything and suspect that I may have to write the thing myself. Does
> such a thing already
> exist? Or is there already an elegant way of passing the name of the
> browser (ideally with
> version and OS) to an XSLT in a pipeline?
>
> Steve

Tony Edwards
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Analyst/Programmer
Dip Teach PE
Dip Comp. Studies
p: 02 4941 9400
f: 02 4941 9499

--

This email is from Civica Pty Limited and it, together with
any attachments, is confidential to the intended recipient(s)
and the contents may be legally privileged or contain
proprietary and private information. It is intended solely
for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not an
intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute
this email. If received in error, please notify the sender
and delete the message from your system immediately. Any
views or opinions expressed in this email and any files
transmitted with it are those of the author only and may
not necessarily reflect the views of Civica and do not create
any legally binding rights or obligations whatsoever. Unless
otherwise pre-agreed by exchange of hard copy documents
signed by duly authorised representatives, contracts may not
be concluded on behalf of Civica by email. Please note that
neither Civica nor the sender accepts any responsibility for
any viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the email
and the attachments (if any). All email received and sent by
Civica may be monitored to protect the business interests of
Civica.