cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jan Hoskens ...@schaubroeck.be>
Subject Re: continuations
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 10:01:51 GMT

Gunter D'Hondt wrote:
> done that trick also for a few sites but major problem here might consists
> that the client browser must have javascript enabled (to force the reload
> of the frame) and it must support frames (which is ugly) or iframes (which
> is IE only)

IFrames is a html 4.0 element and supported by more browsers (ie 3.0+,
nn 6.0+, moz 1.0+, ff 1.0+ , op 4.0+),  besides this our customers
mostly use IE 6 or up with javascript enabled (needed in other webapps
we use).
> can't you just always keep the continuations alive; so setting no session
> timeouts; or you might even temporarily store them yourself on a disk/db
> or whatever

If setting no timeouts, are continuations kept alive forever or will a
default timeout setting be used? When will the continuation be set
invalid so it can be removed from the cache? I'm not looking forward to
writing my own continuation storage.

Kind Regards,
Jan