cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Simone Gianni <s.gia...@thebug.it>
Subject Re: dynamic tabs, dynamic forms
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:24:29 GMT
Hi Fernando,
cocoon is actually able to do tabbed panels with dinamically generated
forms inside, see cocoon forms for more dails. I'm working on a site
which uses dynamic tabs where every tab represent a year, and contains a
table with a number of elements in that year. You can add or delete
years clicking on buttons, and add, remove and reorder (move up and
down) elements inside the year with appropiate icon buttons. And all
this is handled by the underlying framework, which i have expanded
(since it's fully pluggable) in some points to make it better fit my needs.

The application backend is made with hibernate and spring. We have
spring managed service beans and transactions, and hibernate persisted
domain beans. The control part is done with javaflow (not javascript,
but real java classes) so that we have compile time checks and strong
typing.

Furthermore, there are many attempts going on to migrate cocoon
completely to spring.

Hope you can find more informations searching for this :
- javaflow, cocoon forms (expecially the XSL part for tabbed forms) in
cocoon user documentation.
- CHS (Cocoon hibernate spring) slides made by Ugo Cei.

Regards,
Simone

--
Simone Gianni