cocoon-users mailing list archives

From philguillard <philguill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon Portal and browser back button problems
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 09:13:01 GMT
Hi Angelo,

I had this trouble too. But i didn't solve it definitely.

My opinion :
- portal is not 100% ready for internet web site production because of
this, since 99% of internet users use intensively using back and refresh
buttons! (if you really insist on back and mostly refresh buttons i bet
you'll find an exception quickly)
- It seems all the concept of events cause problem since the browser
back button is not informing portal we want event no 4 on the last page
we had, and thinks we need the event no 4 on the actual page.
- But this is open source, so up to us to arrange this problem, but i
didn't feel competent for this.

In short to avoid probblems you have to avoid all portal events :
- PageLabel is the right solution for menus etc...
- Avoid transforming your anchors via portal-eventlink-transformer, but
use systematically bookmarks.
- On the bookmark pipeline, use an internal redirect instead of external
to also avoid the event.

I received most of these informations from the there :
(http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cocoon-users-fr/200509.mbox/%3c432EA396.6020209@citycita.net%3e),

since you seem Italian i'm quite sure you can almost read that french.

Phil

Angelo Immediata wrote:
> Hi all.
> I'm using Cocoon 2.1.7 and it's portal block.
> My portal is configured for using PageLabels.
> I have seen that there is an incorrect functionality when the user clicks on the browser's
back button; i think that this is due to the cocoon-portal-event number.... did anybody solved
this feature?