cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andre Juffer <ajuf...@sun3.oulu.fi>
Subject Re: using resource:// protocol
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 21:14:45 GMT
Simon,

could it be that you have to put your css in the directory

org/apache/cocoon/{1}/resources/{2}

(with {1}, {2} replaced with the appropriate names)

I have not used resource protocol myself, but I think you have to put
your CSS file in the classpath under org/apache/cocoon/... (e.g. in a
jar file in the WEB-INF/lib directory).

Simon Stanlake wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm having trouble using the 'resource://' protocol from my web-app.
>
> I've got the default cocoon web-app installed (2.1.8) on tomcat 5.5.9. I
> have a sub-directory called myApp containing my application like:
>
> tomcat
>    ->webapps
>       ->cocoon
>            ->myApp
>
> I have copied some stuff from the samples in order to get cforms to
> work.
>
> myApp/sitemap.xmap:
>
> 	<map:pipeline>
> 	     <map:match pattern="resources/*/**">
> 	       <map:read
> src="resource://org/apache/cocoon/{1}/resources/{2}"/>
> 	     </map:match>
> 	</map:pipeline>
>
> I then want to have stuff like CSS's in a resources folder. What I don't
> understand is where to put the resources folder, and if I have to
> configure something else (in web.xml?) to get it to work.
>
> if I browse to http://localhost:8080/cocoon/myApp/resources/css/my.css I
> get "Resource Not Found". I've tried putting the css under...
>
> cocoon/resources/css
> cocoon/WEB-INF/resources/css
> cocoon/WEB-INF/css
> cocoon/myApp/resources/css
>
> all with no luck.
>
> I've stepped through all the ResourceReader code down until it passes
> off to the Tomcat WebappClassLoader, which returns null.
>
> Thanks -
> Simon Stanlake

The Biocenter and            | Fax: +358-8-553-1141
     the Dep. of Biochemistry | Email: Andre.Juffer@oulu.fi