cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Soddemann <Thomas.Soddem...@rzg.mpg.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat5.5 and trailing slash on URL
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 08:59:41 GMT
Hi Gunter,

we have cocoon based application deployed in tomcat 5.5.9 and 5.5.15 and
we do not observe that behavior. Are you sure it is tomcat and not your
web browser?

Cheers,
Thomas

Gunter D'Hondt wrote:

>All,
>
>My Cocoon webapp works fine under Tomcat 4.x but now I'd like to deploy in
>under Tomcat5.5; it all works fine except that apparently Tomcat always
>adds an extra slash to the URL at the back; so if I type
>
>http://localhost:8080/cocoon/welcomepage
>
>it will enter the Cocoon sitemap with
>
>http://localhost:8080/cocoon/welcomepage/
>
>and ofcoz my pipeline matcher is "welcomepage"; has anybody else had this
>problem? I know I can fix it by changing the matcher to "welcomepage/" but
>then I'd have to change all my pipelines while I'd just want to use the
>URL that the user types in (maybe a configuration setting in Tomcat or
>something like that?)
>
>Any help is welcome,
>
>Gunter D'Hondt

 Dr. Thomas Soddemann     |  Boltzmannstrasse 2
 Projects Engineer        |  85748 Garching
 Rechenzentrum der MPG    |  Germany
 am MPI fuer Plasmaphysik |