cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject Re: Is this thing possible?
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 17:21:08 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le 31 janv. 06, à 18:26, Angelo Immediata a écrit :
>
>> ...My project manager would like to do a similar thing: to display
>> this web application in my portal without using Web Services but by
>> capturing the html stream and re-elaborating it in order to have an
>> url rewiting that can work under our portal..
>
> This is certainly doable even without the portal stuff - and once it
> runs outside of the portal it should run inside of it as well.
>
> The HttpProxyGenerator or WebServiceProxyGenerator would help for the
> proxying part (passing requests received by Cocoon to other back-end
> systems), but AFAIK they expect well-formed XML responses.
>
> So, if your backends return html, you might have to combine the
> functionality of these generators with the html-parsing functionality
> of the NekoHTMLGenerator, which can convert HTML to XML.
>
> Unless there's a ready-made solution (I don't think so, but maybe
> somebody has one) doing this will require some java skills to create
> the interface components, but after that you'd be in a "normal"
> pipeline environment.
>
> -Bertrand
I've been working on this same problem -- proxying requests (POST is the
troublesome one) while being able to handle non-well-formed XML
and couldn't find one. Now I'm encouraged to hear from an expert like
Bertrand -- it's not just because I'm incompetent. :-)

Anyway, Angelo, if you come up with a solution, I would love to see it
too. Maybe it could be incorporated as an improvement to one of the
proxy generators into the standard Cocoon package.

Regards,
Las