cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist <mlundqui...@comcast.net>
Subject Need help w/ entity resolution
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 20:47:14 GMT

Hi,

I have this in some XSLT stylesheets:

	<!DOCTYPE html
	[
  		<!ENTITY % HTMLlat1 PUBLIC
   			 "-//W3C//ENTITIES Latin 1 for XHTML//EN"
    			"w3c/xhtml-lat1.ent">
		 %HTMLlat1;
  		<!ENTITY % HTMLspecial PUBLIC
     			"-//W3C//ENTITIES Special for XHTML//EN"
     			"w3c/xhtml-special.ent">
   		%HTMLspecial;
	]>

...and this works fine for stylesheets where the TraxTransformer source
is hardcoded in the sitemap.  But I have one case where the stylesheet
is served by a Cocoon pipeline like this:

	        <map:generate
src="context:/config/fido/pub_templates/{flow-attribute:templatePath}"/

	        <map:serialize type="xml" />

In this case Saxon throws a java.io.FileNotFoundException; it's looking
for the referenced entities in the filesystem, relative to the parent
directory of the stylesheet.  I tried saying this in the DTD:

	context://WEB-INF/entities/catalog/w3c/xhtml-lat1.ent

...but Saxon didn't like that, it says "unknown protocol".

Any ideas how I can fix this?

I actually had this app working for a long time, but I either never
noticed or had forgotten that I had been locating the entity like this:

	http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml-lat1.ent

...and this was only exposed when a network problem cropped up on our
server.  I don't really want to be traipsing all over the net to get
entities every time this stylesheet is parsed! :-/

Any help appreciated :-)
—ml—