cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Duncan McLean" <duncan_mcl...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Data not being retained by form - problem/bug/caching?
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 16:26:53 GMT
Hi

Can anyone help?

We have noticed a problem with Internet Explorer and data "persisting" on
forms (this doesn't seem to affect Firefox for some reason.

Basically, if we have a form with, say, a few text fields and also
a field with a "submit-on-change" action, we seem to lose data that we
have previously entered.

Scenario: 3 page form -

1) First forms picks a product from a drop down list
2) Submit this one - ok
3) Second form has a set of 3 text fields, radio buttons which either
shows or hides a second group of 3 text fields.
4) Submit data, see final screen.
5) Back button in browser - click on radio button (submit-on-change
action), to show extra fields, type in *any* of the text fields.
6) Resubmit
8) All data entered in stage (5) lost, and previous data shown.

What is happening? This doesn't seem to affect firefox - is it an
environmental problem - caching - something else?

This is a trivial example, but we have a real-world example which we need
to allow the user to navigate back to previous pages and re-edit them and
are worried about the effects of this.

I thought it was something we did, so updated the "carselector" sample to
simply include an arbitrary text field - the same behaviour was observed.

(We also tried binding the form to a JavaBean but the same behaviour)

Any pointers/experiences appreciated

Thanks in advance

Duncan