cocoon-users mailing list archives

From footh <fo...@yahoo.com>
Subject JavaFlow and Objects
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2006 02:24:01 GMT
I'm doing this in a javaflow:

void doPages() {

Vector myVec = null

try {
  myVec = new Vector();
  // do stuff with myVec
catch (Exception e) {
}

myVec.clear();

}

When I have the myVec.clear() statement, the flow
causes this error in Tomcat (and, the page never
renders):

java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
com/mycom/cocoon/flows/MainFlow, method: doPages
signature: ()V) Incompatible object argument for
function call

The solution is to instantiate the Vector when it is
declared outside of the try/catch.

This isn't too big of a deal, but it cost me a lot of
debugging time.  I'm wondering what might be causing
it.

(It actually came up with the VarMap I use as an
argument to sendPage(), so it isn't just vectors.  It
causes me to instantiate these objects outside of the
try/catch, even though logic might be executed later
that decides the object isn't even needed.)

-JF