cocoon-users mailing list archives

From zulhisham abu nawar <ijoi7...@gmail.com>
Subject cocoon&hibernate tutorial
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:18:58 GMT
hi..
now i'm in process to get hibernate and cocoon run together...i found
some documentation at wiki. I try to follow cocoon and hibernate
tutorial. I've problem when i try to compile PersistenceFactory.java
and HibernateFactory.java

the errors:
javac PersistenceFactory.java
PersistenceFactory.java:3: package
org.apache.avalon.framework.component does not exist
import org.apache.avalon.framework.component.Component;
                                             ^
PersistenceFactory.java:5: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class Component
location: interface org.test.PersistenceFactory
public interface PersistenceFactory extends Component {
                                            ^
PersistenceFactory.java:8: package net.sf.hibernate does not exist
        public net.sf.hibernate.Session createSession();
                               ^
3 errors

>From the errors, it look like avalon package not exist in my
directory. Then i look into /WEB-INF/classes and don't have folder for
avalon. So my question is where the imported avalon classess from
(from lib or /classes/avalon...). Cause no sure what im doing, i try
to extarct avalon-framework-api-4.3.jar and put it in
/classes/org/avalon and so. But i still got the same errors

any ideas??

req:
cocoon 2.1.8
tomcat 5.0.28