cocoon-users mailing list archives

From David Bishop <d.bis...@waypointsystems.co.uk>
Subject Re: XSP: How to create elements dynamically
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 08:13:43 GMT
Hi,

I struggled with this one myself, I ended up having to use fixed
element names, but being able to assign attributes dynamically using
the following code.

<xsp:element name="table">
	<xsp:attribute name="name"><esql:get-string column="relname"/></
xsp:attribute>
		<xsp:element name="column">
			<xsp:attribute name="index"><esql:get-string column="attnum"/></
xsp:attribute>
		</xsp:element>
	</xsp:attribute>
</xsp:element>

My original aim was to query PostgreSQL to create an XML document
describing the database schema of the database which would describe
the relationships of the database for me to allow me to create forms
more dynamically. The structure I ended up using which is created
from the above is..

	<column name="index">1</column>

This gets the information out and then of course if you needed it as

<author>
	<index>1</index>
</author>

You could throw in a custom XSL transformation in the pipeline to
achieve it.

Don't know if this helps,

David.