cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Flowscript error (ComponentSelector) for server app [PLEASE HELP]
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 11:36:58 GMT
So far no helpful ideas on this problem...

I really need help interpreting what the error means,
and what the likely cause could be?

The best idea seems to be:
"Key-to-component mappings are generally  defined in cocoon.xconf."

What key-to-component mapping is likely to be on my
development PC but not be on the server, and therefore
contributing to the problem?

Thanks
Derek

PS Please note that I can read data from my target
datasource with SQLTransformer; its just flow that seems
problematic...

>>> cocoon@lojjic.net 2006/01/23 04:48 PM >>>
Jason Johnston wrote:
> Derek Hohls wrote:
>
>> I have an app that works fine on a development machine
>> (Cocoon 2.1.5, WindowsXP, Tomcat 4.1.x, JDK 1.4.x)
>>
>> But when I upload it and try and run it on the server:
>> (Cocoon 2.1.5, UNIX, Tomcat 4.1.x, JDK 1.4.x)
>>
>> I get the error:
>>
>> ERROR   (2006-01-23) 11:38.25:783   [sitemap.handled-errors]
>> (/cocoon215/inddb/db/editUser.do) Thread-20/PipelineNode:
>> "resource://org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/Database.js",
>> line 33: uncaught JavaScript exception: at editUser
>> (file:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18/webapps/cocoon215/inddb/script/user.js,
>> Line 46)
>> at
>> (file:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18/webapps/cocoon215/inddb/script/user.js,
>> Line 6)
>> at
>> (resource://org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/Database.js,
>> Line 33):
>> org.apache.avalon.framework.service.ServiceException: datasources:
>> ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint [inddb] (key
>> [inddb])
>> (Key='org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.DataSourceComponentSelector/inddb')

>> How to interpret the "ComponentSelector could not find the component"
>> error message - what is the software looking for??
>

> This means it is trying to look up the Avalon component for that key,
> and failing for some reason.  Key-to-component mappings are generally
> defined in cocoon.xconf.
>

>> (I am also not sure where the :
>> org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/Database.js
>> file is located... its not under WEB-INF/classes/... ?)
>

> Doing a quick search it looks like Database.js is part of the Petstore
> sample block:
> /src/blocks/petstore/trunk/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/Database.js

> Is your application perhaps relying on this file for some reason, but
> the Petstore block didn't get built in the version on your server?

Bah, nevermind that, of course the file is there if the error is
occurring within it. ;-)

My guess now is that your datasource configuration from cocoon.xconf did
not get copied over to the server.

views of the CSIR.

CSIR E-mail Legal Notice

CSIR Copyright, Terms and Conditions