cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <dho...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: AW: SQLTransf. How to arrange multiple queries?
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 09:42:58 GMT
Pete

What other approach did you have in mind?  Cocoon
often has multiple ways of accomplishing the same
thing... but an XSLT sheet is quick and easy to implement
and test.   I guess more complex approaches could be
developed, if there is a good reason for them?

Derek

>>> peter.neu@gmx.net 2006/01/23 11:30 AM >>>
Hi,

this is what I wanted to say with "at some different time". The queries are
not related to each other. They will be called independently. :o/
So there is only the xslt approach?

Cheers,

Pete

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Ard Schrijvers [mailto:a.schrijvers@hippo.nl]
Gesendet: Montag, 23. Januar 2006 10:10
An: users@cocoon.apache.org
Betreff: RE: SQLTransf. How to arrange multiple queries?

You can do just multipe sql:execute-query. If the second is depending on the
first one, you can use <sql:ancestor-value>

Below an example of 2 main sql:execute-query where the first one has some
child queries depending on the previous one

<sql:execute-query>
<sql:query name="max_poll">
select MAX(p.id) as id from polls as p where p.active = 1 group by
p.active;
</sql:query>
<sql:execute-query>
<sql:query name="poll">
select p2.id, p2.question, p2.description, p2.active from
polls as p2 where p2.id = <sql:ancestor-
value sql:level="1" sql:name="id"/>;
</sql:query>
<sql:execute-query>
<sql:query name="choices">
select id,answer,votes from pollresult where
poll_id = <sql:ancestor-value sql:level="2"
sql:name="id"/>;
</sql:query>
</sql:execute-query>

</sql:execute-query>

</sql:execute-query>
<sql:execute-query>
<sql:query name="max_poll2">
select MAX(p.id) as id from polls as p where p.active = 1 group by
p.active;
</sql:query>
<sql:execute-query>
<sql:query name="voted_polls">
select voted_polls.id AS idvoted from voted_polls where
voted_polls.poll_id = <sql:ancestor-value
sql:level="1" sql:name="id"/> and voted_polls.employee_id =
<sql:substitute-value
sql:name="currentUserId"/>;
</sql:query>
</sql:execute-query>