cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <dho...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Passing a parameter to flow from sitemap
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 12:13:34 GMT
Geert

Thanks for the detailed reply.

Actually, I want to pass a session attribute value to flowscript.
I am using this syntax:

<map:parameter name="myid" value="{session-attr:myID}"/>

But this gives the same error as the one I describe below.
(I know the value is not null because I can pass the same
parameter to a stylesheet and it shows up OK).

Is there a "magical" way of doing this, too?

Thanks
Derek

(PS And does the code shown in the manual actually work as written??)

>>> Geert.Josten@daidalos.nl 2006/01/18 02:06 PM >>>
If you want to pass 'global' parameters to flowscript, then you can define them as sitemap
globals
and access the global input module from flowscript.

in sitemap:
<map:component-configurations>
<myvar>blabla</myvar>
</map:component-configurations>

<!-- to pass to XSLT -->
<map:parameter name="myvar" value="{global:myvar}" />

in flowscript:
importPackage(Packages.org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input);
var global = cocoon.getComponent(InputModule.ROLE + "Selector").select("global");
var myvar = global.getAttribute("myvar",null,null);

Cheers,
Geert

--
Drs. G.P.H. Josten
Consultant

Daidalos BV
Source of Innovation
Hoekeindsehof 1-4
2665 JZ Bleiswijk
Tel: +31 (0) 10 850 1200
Fax: +31 (0) 10 850 1199
www.daidalos.nl

De informatie - verzonden in of met dit emailbericht - is afkomstig van Daidalos BV en is

uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit bericht onbedoeld hebt ontvangen,
verzoeken
wij u het te verwijderen. Aan dit bericht kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend.

views of the CSIR.

CSIR E-mail Legal Notice

CSIR Copyright, Terms and Conditions

HelpDesk@csir.co.za.