cocoon-users mailing list archives

From ian.d.stew...@jpmchase.com
Subject CForms + Flowscript + AJAX
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:00:22 GMT
Dear List,

We have a CHS (Cocoon-Hibernate-Spring) application that uses a binary tree
implemented as an AJAX component.  Since porting this app to Cocoon (it was
previously implemented using Spring MVC), we have been experiencing
difficulties with the tree.  Specifically, the app doesn't respond to user
interaction with the tree until Cocoon has completed processing the current
request.

In researching this issue, I ran across the following from Sylvain Wallez
in the Cocoon-Users archive:

   Execution of a flowscript is synchronized on the global variable scope,
   which is bound to the session. Although this shouldn't be a problem in
   real world as a single user is not very likely to send parallel
   requests, you should verify that your load testing engine uses different

   sessions (or no session at all) for the simulated concurrent users. That

   may explain these numbers.

At this point, I'm trying to evaluate my options, which as I see it are:

1) Refactor flow control to use JavaFlow instead of flowscript (this is
assuming that JavaFlow isn't subject to the same synchronization as
flowscript)
2) Refactor the app to minimize the use of flow control
3) Host the AJAX component under a seperate servlet

Can someone tell me if JavaFlow suffers from the same synchronization
issues as flowscript?  Also any recommendations for alternate approaches
would be welcome.

Thanks,
Ian

It's better to be hated for who you are