cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: SQLTransf. How to arrange multiple queries?
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 09:09:55 GMT
You can do just multipe sql:execute-query. If the second is depending on the first one, you
can use <sql:ancestor-value>

Below an example of 2 main sql:execute-query where the first one has some child queries depending
on the previous one

   <sql:execute-query>
     <sql:query name="max_poll">
          select MAX(p.id) as id from polls as p where p.active = 1 group by p.active;
     </sql:query>
	     <sql:execute-query>
	      <sql:query name="poll">
	        select p2.id, p2.question, p2.description, p2.active from polls as p2  where p2.id
= <sql:ancestor-				value sql:level="1" sql:name="id"/>;
		  </sql:query>
		     <sql:execute-query>
		      <sql:query name="choices">
		           select id,answer,votes from pollresult where poll_id = <sql:ancestor-value
sql:level="2" 					sql:name="id"/>;
		      </sql:query>
		     </sql:execute-query>

	     </sql:execute-query>

    </sql:execute-query>
    <sql:execute-query>
    	 <sql:query name="max_poll2">
          select MAX(p.id) as id from polls as p where p.active = 1 group by p.active;
    	 </sql:query>
    	 <sql:execute-query>
	      <sql:query name="voted_polls">
	        select voted_polls.id AS idvoted from voted_polls  where voted_polls.poll_id = <sql:ancestor-value
				sql:level="1" sql:name="id"/> and voted_polls.employee_id = <sql:substitute-value
						sql:name="currentUserId"/>;
		  </sql:query>
		  </sql:execute-query>
    </sql:execute-query>