cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Problem binding SQLTransformer to Cform
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 11:14:53 GMT

> Hi,
>
> I don't know much about ojb. But are you suggesting a usage like this:
>
> http://www.guschtel.de/HP5/linux/ojbjdo_dmton.php

indeed, except that the example is a little hard/large for a first time use. Look for BrickCMS
(heard there was even an easier example but forgot its name, it is in the mail thread of my
previous mail)

> If yes, I don't see where the benefit of cocoon lies anymore.

Think I lost you here...you still use the binding/template/cforms stuff from cocoon

> My aim is to
> simply the whole process from data retrieval to display. I
> don't have much
> data to return to the database maybe just an id and 2 or 3
> strings.

If it is a really trivial form, then why use Cforms/binding at all! If I use binding/cforms
and want to store in a database, even for 1 single field, I recommend ojb.

>The tables don't change often and the rewriting of a sql
> statement is ok with
> me.
>
> What I want to do is work on an xml file with cform and the
> send the xml
> back with updated values to the database.
>
> For more clearity I put the src here:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/mkdir2/app.zip

I am to busy at the moment to look through your code, perhaps this weekend. If I have time,
I will mail you a most basic zip including the entire round-trip with ojb

> Maybe there is some other way?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pete

AS