cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Sitemap/Input Module & i18n guru req.
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2006 16:01:17 GMT
Hello Rob, I am not very sure but I think you can do it very easily in your transformation
like:

<map:match pattern="foo/bar/*">
    <map:generate .....som stuff
    <map:transform ....

    <map:transform type="i18n">
        <map:paramter name="default-catalogue-id" value="i18n/{1}"/>
    </map:transform>
</map:match>

You can override the default components settings in the transform itself.

AS

Hello Cocoon Supporter; o)

I have a problem with i18n support within Cocoon but suspect the issue can be resolved via
the sitemap (which is so flexible) and as such the question is more of an 'InputModule' usage
than a problem with i18n...

Basically the i18n support within Cocoon is perfect with the one exception of the location
of the translation files being hard coded as follows:-

      <map:transformer name="i18n"
        src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.I18nTransformer">
        <catalogues default="mymessages">
          <catalogue id="mymessages" name="messages" location="i18n"/>
          <catalogue id="mymessages" name="messages" location="i18n/alternate"/>
    </catalogues>
        <cache-at-startup>true</cache-at-startup>
      </map:transformer>

I need to replace the hardcoded location to be dynamic depending on the requested URI

For example if the requested uri is rob100_mypage I would need to dynamically change the location
to be

Location="I18n/rob100"  i.e. I need to substring the first 6 characters of the URI and search
this location for i18n catalogues. I presume input modules can be specified in the transformer
declaration but I'm not sure how to substring the results of the {request:} inputmodule.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Rob