cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Peter....@gmx.net
Subject Error- Accessing widgets in flowscript
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 15:51:12 GMT
Hello,

I have some difficulties accessing the widget values in the flow script.

var form = new Form("registration_definition.xml");
var wid = form.getWidget();
wid.message.value = cocoon.parameters.defaultMessage;

The last call throws this exception:
org.mozilla.javascript.EcmaError: Cannot convert null to an object.

When I access the same widget in an jscript block in the form_definition
there is no problem.

 <fd:javascript>
    var msg = this.lookupWidget("../message");
 msg.value = "Selecting." + + event.newValue ;
</fd:javascript>

What is the problem here?
I use the sitemap form the simple form example of the user guide.

cheers,

Pete