cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: selection-list and with fd:field as an item?
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 23:27:05 GMT
On 16.01.2006 02:55, mike rowse wrote:

> I have been searching through the resources for an answer to this
> question for some time now.
>
> I would like to be able to create a cform with this structure
>
> ()radio Button : <ft:widget-label id="one"/> : <ft:widget id="one"/>
> ()radio Button : <ft:widget-label id="two"/> : <ft:widget id="two"/>
> ()radio Button : <ft:widget-label id="three"/> : <ft:widget id="three"/>
>
> I hope that makes sense.

Unfortunately not really. That's why you probably got no answer up to now.

> So. I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this situation before. It
> seems that this structure of form is fairly common place and I'm
> surprised that I haven't found a good work around. I have considered
> playing with the basic widget styling XSL, but, I'm hoping that someone
> on the list has a better suggestion because hacking the XSL seems to be
> a rather nasty solution to this problem (although if it is the simplest
> way I will do it). Perhaps I'm missing a conception building block and
> the solution is very easy. :)

So I don't know what's your problem and if playing around with the XSL
is to recommend. But in general for any styling different to the default
one you should create your own stylesheets and import the default ones.
You only need to add templates to your XSL for the elements you want to
handle differently (in comparison to the default handling).

Jörg