cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Sitemap/Input Module & i18n guru req.
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 00:09:08 GMT
In our environment we have a default catalog and then each bank can
provide just the definitions for the keys they want to override.  In
order for this to work the bank name must be resolved at each request.
I assume you are trying to do something similar.

If you look in cocoon.xconf you will see a section that defines
"source-factories". You will notice that file, resource, cocoon and
context are defined there, among others.  If you look at the classes
referenced in those definitions you will see pretty much everything you
need to know about how to implement your own "protocol" handler.  My
prefs protocol retrieves data from our preferences repository, which is
where we store our catalogs.

Basically, you need to implement a SourceFactory and a Source.  Then in
your Source have it return a systemid that varies depending on the
request info (to insure caching works properly) and, of course, all the
other methods should behave appropriately as well.

Ralph