cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jason Johnston <coc...@lojjic.net>
Subject Re: Binding selection boxes to beans in cocoon forms?
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2006 21:14:01 GMT
Andre Cesta wrote:
> Jason,
>
> No problem putting this solution on the Wiki, except that I do not know how I could possibly
edit
> the wiki.

Just like everyone else-- create an account and start editing.  Start at
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/About

> I think we could add 8 lines or so to the following page:
> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/WoodyDatatypeReference?highlight=%28selection-list%29

Woody is deprecated so that page probably isn't the best place anymore.
  I was thinking you could just add the page you created as a new page.

> Also, please have a look at the "Binding Framework" documentation.  Search for setSelectionList
on
> it.  Did anybody manage to build a concrete example using that technique?  Would you
be able to
> post some more snippets of it?  How are you setting the selected value from the list?

I have successfully used that setSelectionList method before, though not
from within a binding.  You might have seen it already but see the
following javadoc page has a clear description of how that method works:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/forms/formmodel/Field.html#setSelectionList(java.lang.Object,%20java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String)