cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jason Johnston <coc...@lojjic.net>
Subject Re: [CFORMS] dynamic binding
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 14:00:08 GMT
werner wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 19.01.2006, 11:27 -0700 schrieb Jason Johnston:
>
>>> Does anybody know a clean approach for dynamic binding. For example it
>>> would be nice to use a JXTemplate for the binding and pass it some vars
>>> like it works with showForm:
>>>
>>> form.createBinding("binding.jx", {"param1": somevalue, "param2":
>>> somevalue});
>>>
>>> I know it's possible to solve this with a special pipline and call the
>>> binding with /binding.jx/param1/param2
>>> But that's ugly IMO.
>>

> Thanks for your answer Jason.
>

>>Looks like somebody posted a patch for this feature:
>>https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1418
>>
>>In the meantime you can use request attributes or parameters as a
>>transport for your data.
>>

> That's how I'm doing it right now. But in some cases that is not enough.
> Especially when you want to pass more than 3 parameters to the binding.

You should be able to pass an arbitrary number of attributes.  I was
thinking something like:

cocoon.request.setAttribute("param1", "value1");
cocoon.request.setAttribute("param2", "value2");
//...ad nauseum
form.createBinding("cocoon://binding.jx");

...then in your jx template:

<jx:set var="param1" value="${cocoon.request.getAttribute('param1')}" />
<jx:set var="param2" value="${cocoon.request.getAttribute('param2')}" />
etc...

This is untested but seems to me like it should work.

If you didn't want to pollute the request object with so many attributes
you might be able to use a single request attribute with a JS object as
its value: c.r.setAttribute("data", {param1:"value1", param2:"value2"});
you'd have to figure out how to traverse the JS object within the
template... I think JXPath expressions could do so.