cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Soddemann <Thomas.Soddem...@rzg.mpg.de>
Subject Re: sorting of repeater rows
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 09:08:03 GMT
Hi Gunter,

have a look at
http://rialto.application-servers.com/

They have a lot of stuff, you may be able to use directly.

In principle, if you have your repeater rows displayed as table rows,
you just need to find the table (e.g. by searching for its id). Then you
make a list of the keys you want to sort with references to the
according table rows, use the javascript sort to sort the list and after
that you reorder the rows by using the row references.

Cheers,
Thomas

Gunter D'Hondt wrote:

>Thomas,
>
>If you can tell me how I can sort form elements (input-fields) using js
>then that would be great?
>using divs?
>
>thnx,
>Gunter
>

>Thomas Soddemann <Thomas.Soddemann@rzg.mpg.de>
>19/01/2006 09:48
>Please respond to
>users@cocoon.apache.org

>users@cocoon.apache.org
>cc
>
>Subject
>Re: sorting of repeater rows
>

>Hi Gunter,
>
>what about sorting the list part form with client side javascript?
>
>Thomas
>
>Gunter D'Hondt wrote:
>

>>problem is that my data is coming from a webservice which gives me an
>>unsorted list; so the only thing that I might think of is transforming
>>

>the
>

>>unsorted list first using xsl; or building (in my java flow code) a
>>collection of the repeater data, sort it and then refill the repeater
>>widget
>>
>>but in my opinion the sorted way of a repeater list is a matter of the
>>view-side (MVC) so I'd like to do it somewhere in my form template
>>
>>Gunter

 Dr. Thomas Soddemann     |  Boltzmannstrasse 2
 Projects Engineer        |  85748 Garching
 Rechenzentrum der MPG    |  Germany
 am MPI fuer Plasmaphysik |