cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jason Johnston <coc...@lojjic.net>
Subject Re: Binding selection boxes to beans in cocoon forms?
Date Sun, 15 Jan 2006 16:38:16 GMT
Andre Cesta wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> After receiving zero help from the list on a question posted 6 days ago, I decided to
post myself
> the solution I found for it: http://geocities.com/aacesta/hibernateandcforms.html
>
> The problem is integrating hibernate beans with cocoon forms containing selection lists.
 There
> were multiple problems faced with the binding of the selection list and then with the
selection of
> the default value.
>
> After searching the list archives, google, and also the cocoon examples I was able to
put a
> solution/consolitated example together (the selection list example on cocoon are with
XML not with
> beans).
>
> Perhaps now the experts - that have provided no help at all - could review the example
and suggest
> improvements or better ways of doing it.

No need to act indignant, that's not likely to motivate anyone to help
you out.  Keep in mind everyone here, including the "experts", are just
volunteering their time.  I for one looked at your problem and did not
see a solution at first glance, but was unable to take the time right
away to dig into it deeper.  Nobody was trying to snub you or anything.

> I put the snippets for the solution on an URL for future use:
> http://geocities.com/aacesta/hibernateandcforms.html

Very nice!  Perhaps you could put this page on the Cocoon wiki, that way
people would be able to find it more easily?