cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject Re: Coplet and generator question
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 16:47:53 GMT
Ard Schrijvers wrote:
>> Is it such a silly question? Or isn't it possible?
>>

> Probably not, but I do not really, and I suppose others as well, entirely grasp your
problem. Lot's of people want to help at this list, but when a question is unclear, few answers
are given. Probably silly of me, but I for example don't know what you mean with a coplet...If
you explain a little more we can probably help you out

> AS

Excuse my ignorance, but is a coplet the same as a portlet?
I see lots of information about characteristics and usage of coplets on
the Cocoon site and elsewhere; e.g.
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/webapps/portal/components/Coplet.html
and
http://www.devlib.org/apache/cocoon/events/acd2003/10_MatthewLangham_TheCocoonPortal.pdf
but I can't find a definition of *what a coplet is*.
 From Christian's email and other context, it seems to be a lot like a
portlet.
But p. 19 of the above-mentioned PDF seems to distinguish between coplet
and portlet.
Maybe a coplet is like a portlet but its content is generated from data
configured as part of the portal, whereas a portlet takes its content
from an external source?

Where did you first hear about coplets? Seems like I missed the memo.
And wikipedia.org doesn't even have a page on coplets!  :-o

Thanks,
Lars