cocoon-users mailing list archives

From christian bindeballe <ottosm...@gmail.com>
Subject form datatype locale formatting
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2006 16:39:41 GMT
hello,

I would appreciate any hints as to how to enhance this form definition
file. right now it reads the date from a file where it is formatted
01/09/06 (as for january the 9th 2006) and displays it as 09.01.06

the widget definiton file reads likes this (excerpt)

<fd:datatype base="date">
   <fd:convertor>
     <fd:patterns>
       <fd:pattern locale="de-DE">dd.MM.yyyy</fd:pattern>
</fd:patterns>
   </fd:convertor>
</fd:datatype>

I would like to have it formatted in the form as 09.01.2006, how do I
accomplish that? this concerns only the way the date is displayed in the
form. the data can later be written to the file as 01/09/06.

when displaying the file using xslt I would like it to be shown as
09.01.2006 again... difficult?

best regards,

christian